Scholarship / Financial aid: $ 7.000,00 per month for living expenses, accomodation and airline ticket
Date: two to three year-long research project
Deadline: 16th June 2012
Open to: young researchers
Young researchers working abroad with very good scientific accomplishments and who have excelled both qualitatively and quantitatively in their scientific or technological career are eligible to receive funding and resources to perform a two to three year-long research project in Brazil. The host research group would also receive funds, as a bench fee. An international call for proposals will be periodically and internationally disclosed. The program anticipates the availability of funds for at least 100 young researchers per year.
Expected candidate's profile
The scholarship program for "Young Talent Attraction" aims to attract young researchers living abroad, especially Brazilians, who have a highlighted scientific and technology production within the areas of interest to the Science Without Borders.
Proposals for the Young Talent program must be focused on priority areas of the Science Without Borders Program, listed below:
• Engineering and other technological areas
• Pure and Natural Sciences
• Health and Biomedical Sciences
• Information and Communication Technologies
• Sustainable Agricultural Production
• Oil, Gas and Coal
• Renewable Energy
• Nanotechnology and New Materials
• Technology for prevention and mitigation of natural disasters
• Biodiversity and bioprospection
• Marine Sciences
• New technologies for constructive engineering
• Formation of technical personnel
The scholarship will cover the period of 12 to 36 months and the included benefits are:
• R$ 7.000,00 (seven thousand reais, about four thousand US dollars) per month for living expenses;
• Grant amounting to R$ 20.000,00 (twenty thousand reais, about eleven thousand US dollars) per year;
• Airline tickets; and
• Accommodation aid amounting R$ 7.000,00 (seven thousand reais, about four thousand US dollars).
New deadline proposals: 16th June 2012.
Submission form is available here
Only the candidate or host researcher in Brazil can submit the proposal, exclusively by the Internet, through the Online Application Form, available in the website (http:/cienciasemfronteiras.gov.br/web/csf/atracao-de-cientistas-para-0-brasil ).
When the research contributor submits the proposal, its necessary to attach to the form, a file with the research project and the candidate's Curriculum resume into platform lattes application or the summary of the candidate's resume.
When the candidate submits himself the proposal, it must be done in three steps:
1) Access the link http://lattes.cnpq.br/english/index.htm, click in register and fill the form to create login and password to access the submission form;
2) Submission form is available here. Attach to the form a file with the candidate's curriculum resume or the summary of the candidate's resume;
3) If pre-approved, the candidate must indicate within 90 days the host institution, as well as the research contributor in Brazil and the research project, according to the announcement.
The research proposals must be submitted exclusively by Internet, through the Online Application Form, available in the Program website (www.cienciasemfronteiras.gov.br ).